Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Break 2012

For spring break this year, my friends and I decided to take a ride down to Panama City, Florida. It was one of the greatest cultural experiences in my collegiate career. PCB was filled with students from all over the United States, with the Mid-west in heavy attendance. What I noticed was that being a minority was real. Black people were speckled here and there with a white counterpart always near by.

Being a student of a HBCU has given me a sense of pride in being African American and allows me to feel secure about not having to conform to the "mainstream" or "majority", looking to be accepted by a group of white friends and indulge and their cultural experiences.

Despite my feelings, I had a blast! I even have a video!:

Before you click the video, notice these things:

The vast amounts of caucasians and beer


The way the black women degrade themselves


The white women who have "jungle fever"


OPERATION: IDENTIFY THE BODY #sb12 from teej Mac on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment